- Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He’s a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, His own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It’s the goof of all time. Look but don’t touch. Touch, but don’t taste. Taste, don’t swallow. Ahaha. And while you’re jumpin’ from one foot to the next, what is He doing? He’s laughin’ His sick, fuckin’ ass off. He’s a tight-ass. He’s a sadist. He’s an absentee landlord.
- Freedom, baby… is never having to say you’re sorry.
- Guilt is like a bag of fuckin’ bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down.
- The worst vice is advice.
- Vanity, definitely my favorite sin.
- Free will, it is a bitch.
- Free will. It’s like butterfly wings: once touched, they never get off the ground. No, I only set the stage. You pull your own strings.
- Law is the ultimate backstage pass. There are now more students in law schools than lawyers walking the streets.
The Devil’s Advocate is a 1997 American thriller-horror film directed by Taylor Hackford starring Keanu Reeves, Al Pacino and Charlize Theron, and based on a novel by Andrew Neiderman.
The film’s title is a reference to the common phrase “devil’s advocate”. The movie has some minor allusions to Milton’s epic, such as the famous quotation “Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven”.